Our Wound Care Program is designed to provide the latest and best medical treatment of wounds, customized specific to the individual patient. Our goal is to help wounds heal quickly, ultimately allowing the patient greater comfort and improved quality of life.
Wound Care teams can include the following:
- A family practice physician
- Enterostomal therapist
- Physical therapist
- Occupational therapist
- A group of nurses who are specifically trained in wound treatment.
After a comprehensive assessment of the history and current status of the wound, the Wound Care team develops an individualized treatment plan. Throughout the treatment program, specially trained Wound Care nurses implement the treatment and carefully monitor progress.
Web-Based Wound Management Program
A technology-based Wound Management Program is in place to assist in monitoring wound treatment and progress. This unique, state-of-the-art computer system has proved to be exceptionally useful in helping to monitor wounds, including pressure sores and diabetic ulcers.
Essentially, the system works like this:
- Information is entered into the computer about the history and characteristics of the wound, previous treatments applied, the patient's nutritional level, confining diagnosis, body weight, incontinence, allergies, skin condition, and so on.
- Periodic assessment of the wound includes a visual inspection. The system analyzes the new data and reports the percentage of improvement or deterioration of the wound and updates information on its status.
- The system serves as a means of benchmarking, ensures that no patient has a wound that is overlooked, improves treatment outcomes, and provides consistency — the most important factor in treating wounds.